It sounds simple, doesn’t it? Writing for healthcare can’t be that different to writing for other things.
And it isn’t. The best healthcare copywriters have a natural talent for putting themselves in their audiences’ shoes and adapting the tone of voice that they write in. This natural talent can be nurtured and developed through practise and training
Have you thought about the person communicating your health messages? What is their experience? Do they ‘get’ where you are coming from? Do they understand your audiences?
Here’s a list of things you should ask about your healthcare copywriter:
- Do they have a life science degree (or equivalent)?
- Have they had direct PMCPA/PAGB training?
- What’s their technique for swiftly getting up the learning curve on your brand?
- What writing training have they had and what is their ongoing CPD?
- Have they earned any IPA qualifications?
- What techniques or tools do they use to ensure readability?
- Do they write from references, marking up from draft one?
- Can you even speak to them directly, or do you need to go via a project manager or account handler?
Here at Wordbird, our writers are not the ‘back office’. They are the beating heart and soul of what we do. They are on the front line, ready to take responsibility and work with you to make your story simple, but brilliant. We invest heavily in them, providing ongoing opportunities for improvement so they can fulfill their potential. If that inspires you, get it touch. We’d love to hear from you.